This play therapy training is offered Live In-Person and Virtual via Zoom for contact hours.
This training is geared towards play therapists, who did not have formal play therapy training as a part of their education. The basics of play therapy history, theory, toy selection, and skills will be included to expand knowledge for working with children in a way that is grounded in child-centered theory. There will be a focus on building the parent/ therapist alliance and areas to explore during intake to enhance play therapy practice. Participants will have the opportunity to practice basic play therapy responses and skills to implement in play therapy sessions.
1. Describe play therapy and its benefits for helping children heal
2. Explain the history of play therapy and theory
3. Utilize knowledge of how to make play therapy therapeutic through the selection of toys and designing of a playroom
4. List important areas to explore during play therapy intake sessions
5. Plan how to build a strong play therapy alliance for the play therapist and parent
6. Identify Child Centered Play Therapy skills to use in play therapy sessions
LPC-S, RPT-S, EMDR CERTIFIED, SOMATIC EXPERIENCING™ PRACTITIONER IN TRAINING
Jaime has been a private practice counselor at the Center for Counseling and Family Relationships since 2014. She graduated with a degree from the University of North Texas. Jaime works with children aged (3+), adolescents, and adults, specializing in trauma and giftedness in play therapy. Previously, Jaime worked for an Early Childhood Intervention Program for 5 years, where she collaborated with children, their families to obtain appropriate services.
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for 6 CONTACT CE Hours. Completion of post-test will be required. Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
This training is non-refundable, unless cancelled by training provider. Event will be cancelled if fewer than 5 participants
39 in stock
We are happy serve international clients. To better provide accurate shipping cost please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shipping address
- Number of dolls?
- Would you like expedited shipping?