This play therapy training is offered Live In-Person (6-Contact CE’s) and Virtual via Zoom (6-Live-Webinar CE’s).
This training requires participants to first take an EMDR basic training before taking this advanced training. Participants are required to be post basic training, however are not required to be certified in EMDR.
Non-directive play therapy and EMDR are both powerful interventions that can complement each other. For EMDR to be effective with children, it should be adapted for play therapy. Explanations of how to adapt the 8 phases of EMDR for play therapy will be given along with describing EMDR to children and parents in play therapy. Participants will demonstrate use of specialized EMDR worksheets that can be adapted to the developmental level of children in play therapy.
1. Explain how to identify and assess for trauma resulting from early life events in both parent sessions and play therapy sessions.
2. Identify two stabilization skills used in play therapy to reduce dysregulation from early attachment wounds.
3. Explain how to use the EMDR developmental protocol with children in the playroom.
4. Demonstrate an EMDR Phase 2 intervention in the playroom through a breakout session that involves roleplaying as children.
5. Explain how to use the EMDR story intervention in the playroom.
6. Identify how and when to include caregivers in EMDR sessions with children in the playroom.
NIK JOHNSON, M.S.
LPC, RPT, EMDR CONSULTANT
Nik has been a private practice counselor at the Center for Counseling and Family Relationships since 2017. He works with children aged (4+), adolescents, and adults, specializing in complex trauma, dissociative disorders, and play therapy. Previously Nik worked at an agency in Missouri providing play therapy to children in the foster care system. He offers continuing education to professionals especially within the topics of working with developmental trauma, dissociative disorders, and play therapy.
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for 6 CONTACT CE Hours. Completion of post-test will be required. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
This training is non-refundable, unless cancelled by training provider. Event will be cancelled if fewer than 5 participants.
Center for Counseling and Family Relationships Training has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7105. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Center for Counseling and Family Relationships Training is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
28 in stock
We are happy serve international clients. To better provide accurate shipping cost please email the following information to email@example.com
- Shipping address
- Number of dolls?
- Would you like expedited shipping?