This play therapy training is offered Live In-Person (6-Contact CE’s) and Virtual via Zoom (6- Live-Webinar CE’s).
Does EMDR and Play Therapy work for children and young people experiencing ADHD and Autism? The answer is yes. Those who are neurodivergent can experience the full beauty of EMDR and Play Therapy. And no, EMDR and Play Therapy absolutely does not “cure” ADHD and Autism.
But then again, are ADHD and Autism the actual reasons people come into play therapy? Not in my experience. Typically, they come into play therapy due to the distress surrounding the diagnoses. EMDR and Play Therapy is an incredible tool to treat this distress!
EMDR and Play Therapy works excellently with individuals experiencing both ADHD and Autism spectrum disorders. As EMDR Play Therapists, we can provide specific resourcing and targeting that allow relief for individuals experiencing neurodivergence and dysregulation. Not only does this make their caregivers and teachers happy, but also, and more importantly, it enriches the lives of our clients.
1. Demonstrate two Phase 2 resources to use with children and teens experiencing neurodivergence in play therapy.
2. Describe five forms of dual attention stimuli to use with children and teens experiencing neurodivergence in play therapy.
3. Discuss how to identify EMDR targets with individuals experiencing neurodivergence and how to use the EMDR standard protocol with clients experiencing high energy in play therapy.
4. List the 8 phases of EMDR and discuss how they interact with the phases of Child Centered Play Therapy.
5. Discuss how to account for and adapt to sensory issues while using EMDR and Play Therapy with clients.
6. Discuss how to use a strengths-based approach when discussing neurodiversity with caregivers, teachers, and the community to advocate for our play therapy clients.
NIK JOHNSON, M.S.
LPC, RPT, EMDR CONSULTANT
Nik has been a private practice counselor at the Center for Counseling and Family Relationships since 2017. He works with children aged (4+), adolescents, and
adults, specializing in complex trauma, dissociative disorders, and play therapy. Previously Nik worked at an agency in Missouri providing play therapy to children in the foster care system. He offers continuing education to professionals especially within the topics of working with developmental trauma, dissociative disorders, and play therapy.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
This training is non-refundable, unless cancelled by training provider. Event will be cancelled if fewer than 5 participants.
39 in stock
We are happy serve international clients. To better provide accurate shipping cost please email the following information to email@example.com
- Shipping address
- Number of dolls?
- Would you like expedited shipping?