This play therapy training is offered Live In-Person and Virtual via Zoom for contact hours.
This play therapy training is offered Live In-Person and Virtual via Zoom Platform. Through the lens of play therapy, this training will cover TBRI, a research-informed model for working with children who have experienced trauma and their caregivers. TBRI research on early risk factors and the impact on a child’s developmental trajectory will be addressed. Techniques will be focused on self-regulation and social skills to use in play therapy by meeting the internal physical needs and sensory needs of the child. TBRI strategies and responses will be shared to implement with children and their caregivers in play therapy.
1. Explain the impact of a child’s history on their long-term development and how this informs play therapy practice
2. Identify how to recognize early risk factors, types of attachment, and impact on development in play behavior
3. Compare the foundations of Child Centered Play Therapy with TBRI Engagement Strategies, Choices, Compromises, and Life Value Terms
4. Describe how to meet the physiological roots of behavior and sensory needs of a child in play therapy
5. Recognize survival behaviors in the playroom
6. Explain the Connecting, Empowering, and Correcting Principles of TBRI and their application to play therapy theory and practice
DR. RHONDA JOHNSON
LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, TBRI PRACTITIONER, EMDR CONSULTANT, SOMATIC EXPERIENCING™ PRACTITIONER IN TRAINING
Dr. Rhonda Johnson is and LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, who has been working with children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families in private practice since 1999. She became a TBRI Practitioner in 2011 for her specialty of working with children who have been adopted domestically or internationally, children in state foster care, and children who have experienced trauma. Dr. Johnson is also an EMDR Consultant and a Somatic Experiencing™️ Practitioner in Training. She incorporates knowledge from each of these theories and perspectives into her work.
She is the founder and owner of the Center for Counseling and Family Relationships, a large, thriving group practice that was established in 2007 and specializes in family systems and trauma-informed approaches. Dr. Johnson is also the founder and owner of CCFAM Training, established in 2012, and Play Therapy Training Resources, established in 2021. Through those companies, she provides continuing education, supervision, and consultations. She is also a teaching fellow for B.H. Carroll Seminary.
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for 6 CONTACT CE Hours. Completion of post-test will be required. Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
This training is non-refundable, unless cancelled by training provider. Event will be cancelled if fewer than 5 participants.
40 in stock
We are happy serve international clients. To better provide accurate shipping cost please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shipping address
- Number of dolls?
- Would you like expedited shipping?