This play therapy training is offered Live In-Person(6-Contact CE’s) and Virtual via Zoom (6- Live-Webinar CE’s).
Dissociation is a disconnect from emotions, body sensations, thoughts, memories, and/or identity. In play therapy it can look like explosive behavior, clients presenting as “shell shocked”, self-injuring behavior, or bizarre mood and personality shifts. Often times these are the children that fall through the cracks and are passed on due to their complexity with people stating “nothing works with them”. In this training, participants learn how to explain dissociation to both children in the play room and parents in parent sessions, participants discuss how to assess for dissociation with both parents and children in play therapy, and participants demonstrate skills to work with parts of self in the play room.
1. Explain how to assess for dissociation in children, both in parent sessions and the play room.
2. Describe the major theories of dissociation and how they apply to the play room
3. Discuss how to speak to children about parts of self in play therapy, and how to speak to parents about parts of self in parent sessions.
4. Identify coping skills for children experiencing dissociation in the play room
5. Demonstrate grounding skills for children experiencing dissociation in the play room
6. Demonstrate basic parts work interventions in play therapy during training breakout session.
NIK JOHNSON, M.S.
LPC, RPT, EMDR CONSULTANT
Nik has been a private practice counselor at the Center for Counseling and Family Relationships since 2017. He works with children aged (4+), adolescents, and adults, specializing in complex trauma, dissociative disorders, and play therapy. Previously Nik worked at an agency in Missouri providing play therapy to children in the foster care system. He offers continuing education to professionals especially within the topics of working with developmental trauma, dissociative disorders, and play therapy.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
This training is non-refundable, unless cancelled by training provider. Event will be cancelled if fewer than 5 participants.
Play Therapy Training Resources has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7206. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Play Therapy Training Resources is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
30 in stock
We are happy serve international clients. To better provide accurate shipping cost please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shipping address
- Number of dolls?
- Would you like expedited shipping?