APT Approved Provider #22-656
NBCC ACEP No. 7206
This play therapy training is offered On-Demand as a go-at-your-own pace course for non-contact hours.
This training is geared towards play therapists, who did not have formal play therapy training as part of their education. The basics of play therapy history, theory, toy selection, and skills will be included to expand knowledge for working with children in a way that is grounded in child-centered theory. There will be a focus on building the parent/ therapist alliance and areas to explore during intake to enhance play therapy practice. Participants will have the opportunity to practice basic play therapy responses and skills to implement in play therapy sessions. This training also includes a journal article for participants in the on-demand version of the training.
Jaime has been a private practice counselor at the Center for Counseling and Family Relationships since 2014. She graduated with a degree from the University of North Texas. Jaime works with children (aged 3+), adolescents, and adults, specializing in trauma and giftedness in play therapy. Previously, Jaime worked for an early childhood intervention program for 5 years, where she collaborated with children and their families to obtain appropriate services.
1. Describe play therapy and its benefits for helping children heal
2. Explain the history of play therapy and theory
3. Utilize knowledge of how to make play therapy therapeutic through the selection of toys and designing of a playroom
4. List important areas to explore during play therapy intake sessions
5. Plan how to build a strong play therapy alliance for the play therapist and parent
6. Identify Child Centered Play Therapy skills to use in play therapy sessions
Play Therapy Training Resources has been approved by APT as an Approved Continuing Education Provider #22-656. Programs that do not qualify for APT credit are clearly identified. Play Therapy Training Resources is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Play Therapy Training Resources has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7105. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CCFAM Training is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs