NBCC CE provider #7206
Play therapists face numerous ethical dilemmas involving both children and their families. In this experiential workshop, participants will apply state rules, codes of ethics, and APT Best Practice Guidelines to over 20 play therapy vignettes considering such dilemmas. Special emphasis will be given
to the following areas within APT Best Practice Guidelines: the therapeutic relationship, parents and family, confidentiality, professional responsibility, relationships with other professionals, evaluation, assessment, interpretation, supervision and consultation, technology, and telemental health. Five personal moral decision-making models will be reviewed, and participants will select models to apply to their own play therapy practices.
· Select from expressive modalities to process past and future emotional responses and sensations in the body
· Select from five moral decision-making models to use with ethical dilemmas in play therapy practice
· Apply licensing rules and code of ethics, APT Play Therapy Best Practices, Paper on Touch, and technology guidelines with 20 play therapy vignettes
· Describe current research for play therapy practice, recommendations, and guidelines of boards and associations regarding the use of social media and telehealth sessions
· Evaluate personal play therapy professional practices with current rules, recommendations, and guidelines
Dr. Rhonda Johnson, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, EMDR-Trained, NCC
Dr. Johnson is the founder and owner of the Center for Counseling and Family Relationships, a large, thriving group practice that was established in 2007 and specializes in family systems and trauma-informed approaches. She is also the founder and owner of CCFAM Training, established in 2012, offering supervision and ethics courses, and the owner of Play Therapy Training Resources, established in 2021. Through these companies, Dr. Johnson provides continuing education, supervision, and consultations. She is also a teaching fellow for B.H. Carroll Seminary.
We are happy serve international clients. To better provide accurate shipping cost please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shipping address
- Number of dolls?
- Would you like expedited shipping?